Obrigado pelas suas mensagens!
Recebemos milhares de mensagens de boas-vindas ao presidente Obama. No total, foram mais de 32.000 mensagens vindas de todo o Brasil! Algumas foram escritas com emoÃ§Ã£o, outras com profundidade e seriedade e algumas, com humor, mas todas comunicaram o forte carinho e esperanÃ§a pelo futuro das relaÃ§Ãµes com os Estados Unidos.
Foi muito divertido e emocionante para a Casa Branca e para a equipe da embaixada ler as mensagens, e convidamos todos vocÃªs a conferirem todas elas, inclusive a verem quem sÃ£o os vencedores!
- The term "Contest" refers to the Obama in Brazil Welcome Message Contest.
- The "Contestant" is the user who has submitted a Video or Text Submission.
- A "Video Submission" is any eligible video submitted to the Contest not later than 11:59:59 BRT March 20, 2011.
- A "Text Submission" is any eligible text message submitted to the Contest not later than 11:59:59 BRT March 20, 2011.
- Contestants must be at least 14 years on the date of commencement of the Contest.
- Previous video-making experience is neither required nor prohibited.
- The Contest commences at 12:00:01 am BRT March 4, 2011 and ends at 11:59:59 BRT March 20, 2010.
- The following individuals are not eligible to enter the Contest: employees, directors and officers of the Contest Sponsors, the Platform Partner, the U.S. government, as well as contractors of the U.S. government; distribution, web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and Contest agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Contest (collectively, "Contest Parties"), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and spouse or "step" of each) and those living in the same households of each such individual.
- No entry fee is necessary to participate or win in the Contest. The Contest is void where prohibited by law, regulation, statute or other appropriate authority.
- Video and Text Submissions must be a welcome message to President Obama.
- Video Submissions may use any narrative and technical style, including documentary, fiction, live action or animation.
- When uploading a welcome message, the Contestant must submit their email address.
- Once a video or text submission is uploaded or posted to the Contest site it is considered final and may not be modified or edited.
- Video Submissions may contain content created by the Contestant and content in the public domain. Video Submissions must not contain any elements including music, audio, speech/voiceovers, stills, video, supers, or other audiovisual materials that is protected by someone else's copyright or trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, except as provided below.
- By uploading a Video Submission, the Contestant affirms that he or she has obtained the necessary rights, licenses, consents and permissions to use all material in the video, including but not limited to rights to use original content not produced by the Contestant alone and written consent from all individuals whose image or likeness appears in the video and that he or she is prepared to provide documentation to that effect upon request (or from parent/legal guardian if any such person(s) is considered a minor in their country of residence). Failure to obtain such rights and consents may result in the disqualification of the Video Submission at the Contest Sponsors' sole and absolute discretion.
- Contest Sponsors recognize no allowance for "fair use" of copyrighted material.
- Video or Text Submissions must not contain profanity, explicit sexual material, graphic violence, appeals to violence or commercial promotion. Video and Text Submissions must adhere to the norms of civil discourse and should not contain material that might be considered abusive, inflammatory or disrespectful to other groups or individuals.
- Video and Text Submissions that do not comply with the Facebook or Orkut Terms of Service or these Official Rules or that otherwise contain prohibited, inappropriate, or irrelevant content as determined by the Content Sponsors, in their sole and absolute discretion, will be disqualified, removed from the Contest site and not considered for a prize.
- The person named as the registered owner of the email account associated with the Video and Text Submission will be considered the Contestant and will be the only person eligible to compete for the prizes. In order to be eligible to win a prize, you must provide accurate and complete information.
Liabilities and Rights:
- The Contest Sponsors and Platform Partner do not endorse any Video Submission or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and the Contest Sponsors expressly disclaim any and all liability in connection with Video and Text Submissions.
- The Contest Sponsors and Platform Partner do not permit copyright infringing activities or infringement of any other intellectual property rights and reserve the right to remove any Video and Text Submission in violation of another party's copyright or other intellectual property rights.
- The Contestant assumes sole responsibility for the material contained in the Video and Text Submission and for the consequences of posting it on the Contest site.
- Neither Contest Sponsors, and Platform Partner nor any of the Contest Parties are liable for any disputes between collaborators related to a Video or Text Submission.
- Contestants retain ownership of their Video and Text Submissions. However, by submitting a Message to the Contest, Contestants grant Contest a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Video and Text Submissions in any media formats and through any media channels in perpetuity in connection with the Contest and in connection with the activities and operations of the Contest Sponsors.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Contest Sponsors and Platform Partner, their parent, subsidiary and other affiliated companies, officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the Facebook and Orkut Sites and Contest websites in connection with the Contest; (ii) your violation of these Official Rules or the Facebook and Orkut Terms of Service; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, trademark, intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other proprietary right in connection with the Contest; or (iv) any claim that your Video or Text Submissions caused damage to a third party. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive indefinitely beyond the conclusion of the Contest and your use of the Contest and Facebook and Orkut websites.
- Neither Contest Sponsors, Platform Partner nor any of the Contest Parties are liable for any disputes between collaborators related to a Video or Text Submissions.
- At their discretion Contest Sponsors may contact contestants to propose collaboration on additional video projects.
All videos and text messages will be pre-screened by the Contest Sponsors to ensure compliance with these Official Rules and the Facebook and Orkut Terms of Service before being posted to the Contest site. The Contest Sponsors reserve the right to verify that a prize winning submission is in full compliance with these Official Rules before the Contestant is recognized as a winner and before awarding any prize. The Embassy of the United States of America in Brasilia will make the final selection and has sole discretion over the criteria for which the winning messages will be chosen.
Winners of the Contest may be publicly identified by name. Anonymous Contestants will not be identified by name. Beyond the identification of the winners, any personally identifiable information collected as part of the Contest will be used only to facilitate contact between the Contest Sponsors or their appointed delegates and the Contestant for reasons related to the Contest or to propose collaboration on additional video projects, at a Contest Sponsor's sole discretion. No personally identifiable information will be sold or distributed by the Contest Sponsors to any third party for any other purpose.
General Terms and Conditions:
If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole and absolute discretion to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest. Further, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right, at any time and in their sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify and/or deem ineligible any individual they suspect (a) to be tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any Contest Sponsor or Facebook or Orkut; (b) to have failed to agree to the Official Rules or to be violating the Official Rules; (c) to be violating the Facebook or Orkut Terms of Service, or (d) to be acting in a bad faith, unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to disregard and/or deem VOID such individual's entry in this Contest.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE:
Contest Sponsors and Contest Parties assume no liability or responsibility for any loss or harm resulting from any user's participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with participating in the Contest. Contest Sponsors and Contest Parties assume no responsibility or liability for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Contest: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the Contest site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Contest site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Contest. Contest Sponsors and Contest Parties are not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Contest site. Use of Contest site is at user's own risk. Contest Sponsors and the Contest Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of the Contest site or the download of any information from the Contest site. By participating in the Contest, the Contestant releases the Contest Sponsors and Contest Parties from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such Contestant's participation in the Contest. Contest Sponsors and Contest Parties are not liable in the event that any portion of the Contest is cancelled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control (a "Force Majeure Event"). Should a Force Majeure Event occur, Contest Sponsors may, but are not obligated to, exercise reasonable efforts to air the winning videos and deliver all or part of the prize or make a reasonable substitution in their sole and absolute discretion.